Clients: National Park Service
Contract Value: $184,400
As a subcontractor, RMC conducted inventories of more than 600 abandoned mine land (AML) features on National Park lands in the eastern and southeastern U.S. Field team leaders received government security clearance and specialized training to access the government database.
AML Inventory Tasks
- Prepared planning documents
- Coordinated/scheduled activities with Park resource management personnel
- Two-person field inventory crews recorded AML site features, including photographic documentation, site maps, and GPS data logging of site features
- After field data collection, site information was uploaded directly into the NPS AML database using government-provided computers
- Prepared AML Inventory Reports from the uploaded site information and submitted these to the NPS Field team leaders received government security clearance and specialized training to access the government database.